Each Mission has representatives from UK business, policy and research community, who:
- Gather market insights and build expert foresights on new and emerging innovation sectors
- Identify opportunities for international collaboration
- Build a portfolio of technological and business priorities that will elevate the UK as the ‘Partner of Choice’ in future innovation partnerships with global partners
- Facilitate international dialogues for the UK business community
- Align innovation policy and unlock regulatory barriers for future partnerships
Germany is a key player in AMR research and development and currently hosts the Global AMR Research and Development Collaboration Hub. This hub collects and analyses AMR research outputs and draws upon the expertise from researchers, and industry to help catalyse partnerships and address translational challenges. The German government has also invested more than EUR 56 million to fund the German antibiotic resistance strategy – Federal Ministry of Health (DART 2020 – Deutsche Antibiotika-Resistenzstrategie – Bundesgesundheitsministerium) to develop new treatments for bacterial infections.
The UK is also a key player in the fight against AMR and has recently launched the UK’s twenty-year vision for antimicrobial resistance as well as the UK’s five-year national action plan to tackle AMR.
In May 2019, a Global Expert Mission took place to better understand the German research and innovation landscape and establish potential opportunities for UK-German collaboration to tackle AMR, from both a research perspective and a translation and adoption perspective in both human and animal health.
Following on from this mission, you are invited to join a dissemination webinar on 20th May from 2pm to 4pm BST, where the findings of this Expert Mission and insights from delegates will be shared. This webinar will provide a holistic and wide viewpoint of the capabilities identified during the Global Expert Mission and will showcase key opportunities for UK businesses who may be interested in international collaboration.