Delegates travelling from outside the European Economic Area (EEU)
and Switzerland may need to apply for a Visa prior to their visit. To find out more information on the visa application process, please visit the Gov.uk website here
A Standard Visitor Visa
allows holders to visit the UK for leisure, business or other reasons, usually for up to 6 months.
You can apply for a Standard Visitor visa if you want to visit the UK for business-related activities, eg:
- you’re coming to the UK for a conference, meeting or training
- you want to take part in a specific sports-related event
- you’re an artist, entertainer or musician and coming to the UK to perform
- you’re an academic and are doing research or accompanying students on a study abroad programme
- you’re a doctor or dentist and are coming to the UK to take a clinical attachment or observer post
- you want to take the Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board (PLAB) test or sit the Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE)
- you want to get funding to start, take over, join or run a business in the UK
The earliest you can apply for the visa is 3 months before you travel, and should receive a decision regarding your application within 3 weeks.
A standard Visitor visa costs £87.
To support your application you will need to provide:
- a current passport or other valid travel identification
- evidence that you can support yourself during your trip, eg bank statements or payslips from the last 6 months
You need a page in your passport that’s blank on both sides for your visa. Your passport must be valid for the whole of your stay in the UK.
You’ll also need to provide a certified translation of any documents that aren’t in English or Welsh.
As part of your application you will also need to provide the following:
- the dates you’re planning to travel to the UK
- details of where you’ll be staying during your visit
- how much you think your trip will cost
- your current home address and how long you’ve lived there
- your parents’ names and dates of birth
- how much you earn in a year
You might also need:
- details of your travel history for the past 10 years (as shown in your passport)
- your employer’s address and telephone number
- your partner’s name, date of birth, and passport number
- the name and address of anyone paying for your trip
- the name, address and passport number of any family members you have in the UK
- details of any criminal, civil or immigration offences you have committed
For more information on application requirements, please click here
For information on the Visa application process, and the full range of visa requirements and permissions, please read the guidelines on the Gov.uk website here
Please note that this page is for information purposes only, and is not an official guide to the visa application process. It remains the responsibility of every individual to research and apply for the appropriate visa documentation.