IASP European Division Conference
York Science Park are proud to be Members of IASP and are working with a number of partners in the United Kingdom to provide IASP Members from the European Division, and other IASP Members from across the globe, an informative conference and exhibition which will provide many business and social opportunities to collaborate with colleagues in an informal and friendly environment.
The IASP European Division conference is hosted and organised by York Science Park, as part of the bigger conference and exhibition held jointly with UKSPA at York Racecourse on 8-10 May 2017, offering additional networking opportunities with up to 500 delegates expected.
Within this wider event, a separate IASP track will focus on:
- international case studies and research
- science park impact and performance
- evolving innovation ecologies, and
- emerging global incubation landscapes
About the conference
The main innovation and science park conference and exhibition will attract in the region of 500 delegates, but the IASP European Division conference sessions will be run in parallel within a discrete “IASP International Theatre” within the York Racecourse conference centre
Whilst the sessions hosted by York Science Park will be of great interest to IASP Members, we envisage that IASP Members may also be interested in attending other sessions within the wider conference.
The themes for European and International delegates will include:
- Connecting knowledge generators through infrastructure: Challenges and opportunities
- How are Science Parks measuring up? A review of impact and performance measures through case study and latest research
- New partnerships and new models of delivery: How can science parks help to transform economies and lives?
- Developing successful BioParks: International Case Studies
- Translating science and technology into commercial reality
- Innovation ecologies: what are they and how do you brand them?
- Evolving innovation ecologies: Areas of innovation, Knowledge Quarters, Science Cities and Regional Powerhouses
- Nurturing and developing university spin-outs and start-ups
- Making Innovation Happen: emerging global Incubation landscape
Contributors will include:
- Andre Domin, Technologiepark Heidelberg GmbH, Germany
- Dr David Canter, Senior Associate Vice President,University of Michigan and Executive Director, North Campus Research complex (NCRC), USA
- Josep Pique, La Salle Technova Barcelona, Spain
- Caroline Drabe, Vasteras Science Park AB, Sweden
- Luis Sanz, IASP Director General, Spain
- Friso Lippmann Delft Science Park Technopolis
- Malcolm Parry, Surrey Research Park
- Irene Fialke INiTS, Vienn CEO
- Sabeena Kalla Eurasante, Lille Scientific Director
- David Hardman, Chairman, UKSPA
(All speakers are subject to amendment and change).
International Delegates will be able to attend:
Monday 8 May 2017. Join WAINOVA Delegates at a Welcome Reception and Dinner in York on the Monday evening.
Tuesday 9 May 2017. IASP International Sessions at York Race Course Conference Centre with gala dinner in the evening.
Wednesday 10 May 2017. IASP International Sessions at York Race Course Conference Centre with optional tours in the afternoon.
Attendees will also have the chance to visit the exhibition and join the main conference for any sessions of particular interest.
The event will bring together IASP members from across the UK and Europe to explore the region in an informal environment, including a dinner in historic surroundings within the City of York. As well as being one of the UK’s most beautiful cities, York also offers creative experimentation, technological innovation and flourishing economic growth for its more than 7,500 businesses, many of which are based at York Science Park.
For more information about the conference, please visit the conference website. To reserve your ticket, please click here.